Please note that the schedule below is tentative. It will be finalized at the initial meeting of participants in February.
1. Meetings may be scheduled (in addition to or in place of those below) as the process continues. Members should make every effort to attend all scheduled events.
2. All meetings are scheduled for 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise indicated.
3. Puppetmongers will schedule time at their studio individually with each project group between the meetings and events scheduled below, for brainstorming, design, building, and rehearsal.
4. Each project group is responsible for scheduling their own additional meetings/building/rehearsal time in other locations.
5. All members must be willing to be involved in the setting up and striking of all productions to insure smooth transitions during the final performances.
Applications are due by January 27th, 2017
Notification will be by February 3rd
The program starts as soon we can schedule a meeting of all participants. At this initial meeting the Project Initiators describe their projects to the Project Participants, and solicit collaboration for Project Groups. The program culminates with presentations at the Fresh Ideas Day event in early June 2017.
Late February: Show-and-tell for all projects. Each Project Group gives a progress report to the other members of the PXL company and PXL staff.
March: Show-and-tell for all projects. Each Project Group gives a progress report to the other members of the PXL company and PXL staff.
April: Show-and-tell for all projects. Each Project Group gives a progress report to the other members of the PXL company and PXL staff.
Mid April: PXL staff view rehearsals of all projects. Projects must be near completion in terms of puppets, set and script or project may be cancelled.
Mid April: Final Tech requirements due. The Project Initiators meet with the stage manager and the PXL staff and go through the pieces, cue by cue, and discuss specific needs.
Late April: Individual technical rehearsals at our studio.
Late April or early May: Full tech with set changes: Run all pieces for other PXL members.
Early June: All PXL projects will be showcased at the Fresh Ideas in Puppetry Day at the AKI Studio Theatre, either as presentations or performances, as best suits the nature and status of the work.
NB: All sets, puppets and props are the responsibility of the PXL groups, and are to be removed from the studio following the performances.