Professional development of puppeteers and other performing arts professionals using puppetry in their practice has always been a large part of Puppetmongers’ work. This takes the form of:
- Workshops: Responding to the needs of the professional community, Puppetmongers offers periodic workshops in topics of interest
- Puppetry Intensive: A condensed and intensive 2 week course in puppetry, formerly offered in partnership with Humber College, now offered independently
- Puppetry eXploratory Laboratory (PXL): Projects fostered from inception to production over multi-week sessions.
- Fresh Ideas in Puppetry: a regularly irregularly scheduled festival of emerging puppetry
- The Puppetry Hive: gatherings and resource sharing with emerging puppetry companies.