(PXL) Puppetry eXploratory Laboratory: February – May 2018 Make Mischief & Disappear: With Shawna Reiter & Ginette Mohr. Sunday March 4. Live Animation – Fun with Stuffies: With Mike [...]
Book Puppetmongers through Mariposa in the Schools
The work of Puppetmongers makes strong connections to the new Ontario Elementary Curriculum in the Arts. Their puppet presentations and workshops also helps to promote specific and general expectations outlined in the Language Arts, Social Studies and Science documents as well as address Character Development. Listed below are some opportunities for meeting curriculum expectations when Puppetmongers present to audiences and work in the classrooms.
Creating and presenting three-dimensional art works, using elements, principles and techniques of visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas and understandings.
Reflecting, Responding and Analyzing by applying the critical process to communicate feelings, ideas and understandings in response to a variety of art works.
Exploring Forms and Cultural Contexts by demonstrating an understanding of forms from the past and present and their social and/ or community contexts
- Listening in order to understand and respond appropriately to a variety of situations.
- Reflecting and identify their strengths and weaknesses as listeners and speakers
- Using speaking skills and strategies appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of audiences.
Heritage and Citizenship
- Identifying people with whom they have significant relationships, and the rules and responsibilities associated with people, places and events
- Identify and compare the ways in which people in various civilizations met their physical and social needs.
Science and Technology Understanding Structures and Mechanisms
Character Development The content of the presentations help students to consider such issues as Fairness, Honesty, Kindness, and Respect. As young people participate in the process of making and presenting puppetry with others, they can experience Co-operation, Perseverance, Responsibility and Teamwork.